Electric skateboard motor is a device that converts electrical energy into kinetic energy. There are many types. The phenomenon and causes of damage to different types of motors will be different, but in summary, there are two major categories: electrical and mechanical.
一. The bearing is broken, the bearing temperature is too high, and the raceway and rolling elements have cracks and scars.
- The lubricating oil is insufficient, aging or excessive, the lubricating oil should not exceed 70% of the bearing cap and the volume of the bearing.
- There are impurities such as iron powder in the lubricating oil, or the oil ring inside is stuck.
- It is not installed in place, such as the bearing, the stop of the bearing cap is not assembled, or the two are too tight and too loose. The concentricity is not right, and there is damage caused by eccentric force.
- The coupling level has not been adjusted properly, the chain or belt between the transmissions is too tight, and the shaft is deformed due to the impact of the load.
- The bearing quality is not good, and the bearing clearance is too small or too large.
- The starting and stopping frequency of the motor is too high, and the rigidity is too large. For some occasions, it is not suitable to start at full pressure. The soft start will be better.
二, selection, installation and use problems
1.The level between the motor and the load is not properly adjusted, causing the load and the motor to be out of concentricity and there is a radial impact force.
2.The screws of the motor feet are not well fixed, or the fixing frame is not well designed.
3.Model selection is not taken into consideration of the load situation. Some loads are frequently started and stopped, and may only require 1KW of power in calculation. In the design, considering the heat dissipation and weakness, it may require 3KW to use.
4.The wiring is wrong, for example, the star type is connected to the triangle type, and the triangle type is connected to the star type, this may cause the internal heating of the motor.
5.The load needs some special brakes, and the motor does not have a corresponding mechanical or electronic brake, so it may not be too late to release the energy when stopping.
6.The motor is not designed with some protection devices, such as overheating, overloading, over-temperature, lack of equivalence, these may occur during use, but because the protection is not in place, it will directly burn the motor.
7.Wiring is wrong, or the positive and negative are reversed, or the wire selection is thin, or the terminal wire ear is not pressed well, resulting in excessive contact resistance.
8.If you use a photoelectric encoder or the like, you need to consider some dust protection and anti-impact protection.
9.The driver is broken, causing the motor to burn out with instantaneous high voltage or high current.
10.When supplying power, the withstand voltage of the motor was not taken into consideration. For example, for 220 volts, 380 volts were used.
11.Some stepper motors and servo motors cannot be disassembled privately to replace the bearings, otherwise it may lose magnetism or cause the encoder magnetic pole zero offset to be unable to be used normally.
三. Environmental questions
- In some occasions, there is a lot of dust. If you use a brushed DC motor, you don't pay attention to installing devices such as fans to dredge the dust in time, which will cause the carbon brushes and commutators to wear in a short time.
- High temperature occasions, such as long-term over 50 degrees, and heavy load, when selecting the motor, high temperature resistant motors such as F and H are not used, and no separate air cooling system is designed, and the motor temperature is too high for long-term operation.
- The environment humidity is too high, and no detailed consideration is made in the use of electrical insulation, which may cause leakage on the circuit.
- For loads with large vibrations, consider the issue of resonance. When fixing the motor, consider whether the direction of the screws will loosen due to the difference in the direction of vibration.
四.the quality of the motor
- The copper wire of the coil winding is unqualified, or the number of turns is not enough, or there are problems such as different phase resistance values.
- The rotor material of the squirrel cage guide bar fails to pass, and it breaks during use.
- The insulation of the motor is not good. Sometimes the grid voltage of the factory power supply will be high, and the voltage will fluctuate slightly, causing insulation breakdown.